From: Rich Kinsley <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Thu,  2 Jul 2009 21:33:25
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Hot stuff, carbwise

My issue isn't starting it but it would help. I do have a regulator as I
have a 11-12psi Holley mech pump that overpowers the carbs. I actually
bent the floats before I put on the regulator. It's just strictly
underhood heat evaporating the fuel. I bet it's 300deg's under there.
Maybe I can borrow a heat temp gun just to check it out.

I understand that if I use the Carter #7040 I won't need a regulator as
it puts out about 6psi which is the right pressure.

I have even been considering a hood scoop but that would sure kill the
"stealth factor". Probably wrapping the TTI's will help alot. A cool can
would be good but you'd have to be replacing the ice frequently. Not too
practical.

sky62 wrote:

> Rich, my father in-law put duel eddies on his chevie, and needed an
> electric fuel pump
> so there would be enough fuel to start the car. don't forget to put a
> regulator in too, or your
> floats will become sinks. (o:
>
> Schuyler 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
>   <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>
> FYI - I Do the Decal designs for the Poly head 318 and more! email me
> with your needs -
>   <sky62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> On Jul 2, 2009, at 11:01 AM, Rich Kinsley wrote:
>

> > Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly w/goodies
> >
> > With all my mods the car is running very cool on the road. It heats up
> > reasonably in slow traffic but under severe conditions it does
> > start to
> > get pretty warm. Resuming reasonable speed reduces the temp rapidly. I
> > know I still need a shroud and I'm going to look for the smaller fan
> > pulley.
> >
> > However the carb situation still exists in that I am getting vapor
> > lock
> > even with all the mods. I have built wood spacers, blocked the heat
> > crossover, painted the bottom of the intake manifold, made a heat
> > shield
> > for the fuel pump, rerouted the fuel line over the shock tower and
> > wrapped aluminum foil around the fuel line with corrugated plastic
> > tube
> > over it. Still the carbs are very hot and the fuel block can't
> > hardly be
> > touched. Even if the engine temp is cool it can start vapor locking. I
> > wonder if the foil transfers engine heat too the fuel line? I guess
> > header wrap and an electric fuel pump would be a big help. Any other
> > ideas????
> >

> > ----
> > Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person
> > -- directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> > negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the
> > intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> > practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail
> > and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!
> >
> > '62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
> > http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.

----

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy