RE: dual master cylinder for 64 B body.... where to get?....tips & hints

RE: dual master cylinder for 64 B body.... where to get?....tips & hints

When I put discs on my 64 Polara I went to Advanceauoparts and got an mc
for a 75 Cordoba, I think. It was about $30 IIRC (which I rarely do,
according to my wife). Bolted right up with no mods at all.
W.A. Edison wrote:

> I'm converting from drum to disc brakes on the front of my 64 Plymouth
> Sport Fury, using parts from a 73 Dodge Dart. I've got all the bits and
> pieces, including a proportioning valve, but I need a dual master
> cylinder. I can't seem to find an online vendor who sells one
> specifically for my car. I ordered one from PartsTrain, but they later
> cancelled the order. I see some companies on the 62-65 vendors page that
> sell other stuff associated with the m/c like adapters and bushings, not
> what I'm looking for. Will other years m/cs fit my car?
>
> Also, I should be able to use the push rod out of my old single master
> cylinder in my new setup, correct? Or will a new master cylinder come
> with a push rod I can use? I have manual brakes now and am staying with
> them.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> /Butch /Ferndale, WA

Jeff Adams