RE: new electronic distributor problems

One last thought, have you bypassed your ballast resistor on the firewall?
Or bottom line do you have 12v at the power supply to the coil?  Also, Gary
H. gave a list of Electronic solid state voltage regulators that I also
recommend using.  If your looking for an original or stock look take the old
cover off the old regulator and install it on the new electronic regulator
with a bead of RTV.  But with the conversion you just did it probably is of
no concern.  The solid state regulators are a lot more dependable (No Points
to Pit) and take care of the ammeter needle wobble and dimming headlights at
idle that a lot of people experience.  Your new point type regulator my not
present this problem now but it will sooner or latter slowly but surely!

 Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
1959 Coronet 326 Poly
1963 Fury 2D/HT 6.1