Fuel pump location

I'm looking at a good location to install the electric fuel pump. I
think I want to place it on the exterior floor of the trunk midway where
the grommet for the fuel sending unit wire is located. That's as close
as possible to the pick-up and fuel line. I intend to mount a plate
close to the floor on short, insulated stand-offs. Then mount the pump
to the plate with more insulators. This is to help isolate the noise. It
will be above and just in front of the center section. There's no way it
can hit as the snubber when bottomed out would be still quite a ways
below it. Also the exhausts are below and to the sides. I think the pump
can be mounted in any position?? This would be flat, parallel to the
bottom of the car.

I wound up deciding to use the Holley Blue pump as I already have it and
the regulator. I can't justify botching up the existing fuel line as it
is covered with undercoat and hideous. So I guess I'll start my winter
project right now. I am gonna drop the tank and put in my new 3/8"
pick-up. I'm sure I'll wind up having the tank cleaned. Then I'll run
new 3/8" line all the way. I have a clear filter to put between the pump
and the pick-up. I'll use hard line except at the ends. I have a bunch
of gas to empty too. I'll be busy.

I desperately want this ready for the Geezer drags this year! I have 5
weeks. I'm slow so it'll be a challenge. Wish me luck. Anybody want to
help, come on over :-)

----