Re: Anyone near Wilmington, NC???

Smells (and sounds) like a scam!

Bill wrote:
Any one near Wilmington, NC that can look @ a car? I got a response
back from the owner of the 71 Challenger. Supposedly a recently
divorced mom that wants to off the car. There's a slight potential for
this to be ligitimate so I'd like to check it out if possible.

Here's the response...

"> Thank you for contacting me about my 1971 Dodge Challenger green with all
matching numbers, that I have for sale on Autotrader Classic.
The car is great shape, 82213 miles,no engine problems, damages or hidden
defects. It was always garaged and never kept outside. I`am a single mother
with 2 children because I divorced my husband and after the divorce I owned
this car, I don`t need it and that is why I am selling it so cheap. The car
has all pappers, no liens. The total price is $5,900 including shipping and
handling.
The sale will be through eBay's Protection Program for our safety. I have
recently moved in Wilmington, NC and the car will be shipped from here at my
expense.
I just need your full name and address so i can open a case with eBay  and
they will send you the invoice with the terms that you must follow to
complete the transaction.(with no further obligation to buy it or fees).

PS: Here is the VIN# - JS23N18409181
Have a nice day!"

----