RE: Intake manifold replacment

Hello,

I have additional questions:

I bought a pan gasket for my 63 with the 383 that has the exhaust ports
blocked off, is the installation any different with this pan?

The metal pan came with gaskets, is there any reason to use the gaskets
and if so do they go on each side of the metal pan?

Can the metal pan be re-used or should a new pan be used each time the
intake is removed?

I am about to remove my intake also because I am concerned that I have a
vacuum leak on one side and I want to clean and paint it when it is off.

Thanks
Dennis C.

Stevan Miner wrote:

> Hi Jim,
> Pretty simple job on this one. You don't have to mess with draining the
> coolant, pulling distributor or anything. Make sure all the media is out
> of
> the runners and bolt holes with some compressed air. The only sealant
> that I
> use is just a dab of silicone in the four corners where the heads meet
> the
> block under the intake pan gasket. I don't use any sealer on the gasket
> face
> at all. Have fun.
> Stevan Miner
> Miner Auto Service
> Winnebago, MN

1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Van Conversion
1964 Plymouth Belvedere 318 Auto
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4-speed
1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4 soon to be changed
1998 Honda Valkyrie Standard

----