Trailering my Mopar

I bought a 16' flatbed, tandem axle trailer last year which has proved
to be invaluable so far. It's got a wooden deck made of 2x8's,
removable ramps, and a nice diamond plate tool box. The only drawback
is that it doesn't have any good places to tie the car down. It has
~2"x4" boxes periodically down the outside metal rail but it's hard to
get the hook of my straps to grab in a good position on them.

I started looking for wheel web straps and also found the "E-Track"
system. Has anyone had any experience with these? They look like a
good setup. If I use them, my big question is where and how to mount
them.

Can they go horizontally on the outer edge of the deck ? If so, will
the hooks and rails take lateral stress?

Can they go vertically on the edge rail? If so, will the hooks and
rails take lateral stress?

Should they go inboard a little so that the car is driving on top of them?

Another thing is how do they attach to the deck? I don't think my deck
boards are bolted down in the middle...just @ the ends. I guess  if
the car is on the same board as the rail it won't matter.

--
Bill M