yup, this is a fresh build with new cam, new pistons, heads, pretty much everything! and thanks for the laugh!!

Layne

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2009, at 9:09 PM, "MO ( Steve Mick)" <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is this a fresh engine build with new cam? I would hook up an oil pressure and heat guage so you can see them from under the hood. I would use an oil pump primer shaft to bring the oil pressure up - rotate the engine by hand to ensure oil is going everywhere needed while using the primer shaft. Make sure you are using an oil with enough ZDDP for breaking in the cam. Place a box fan so it wuill give additional cooling air through the radiator. Have water near at hand and check coolant level several times while working out entrapped air pockets. Be carefull when jumping up and down in glee upon first fire so as not to land on floor tools and break your ankle!......................Good Luck! ........................MO..............sw iowa ----- Original Message ----- From: "Layne Grissman" <64Polara500@xxxxxxxxx >
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:15 PM
Subject: Was Tire Sizes and how to calculate(now need to know tips on first startup aft

That actually sounds pretty good....I was looking at 285/60's and that
height was about 29.5" which should help the RPM's a bit...and Herb,
No offense taken...whatsoever....your points are well taken and
understood.  If we had the "typical" restore or build, I would go
along with your ideals 100%.  I will check the clearances as yourself
and Jeff suggested and see how everything goes...My Father and I are
about 2-3 weeks out from finally getting our car running...and we are
looking at all angles right now....

She is a beauty, and can't wait to hear that first startup of the engine...

Now If anyone has read this far...lol..Can anyone give me some
pointers on startup check lists, priming the engine, What things I
should look out for and prepare for on first startup?  The engine has
been sitting for a while...and I want to make sure everything goes as
smoothly as possible.

BTW, Jeff, Thanks for the Tire sizes and RPM's you are running...This
helps TREMENDOUSLY!!!

Layne