Re: SS Springs brought back up again

You replaced the springs, I presume, because they were bad!  Did you replace
the frame bushings for the shackles in the rear?  When you raise or lower
the car do the shackles swing freely and equally & not binding?  One thing
to try is loosen the six bolts, two bolts through the front of the spring &
four shackle bolts on rear of spring then raise and lower the car to let the
spring bushings neutral-out just confirming nothing is in a bind.  Re-torque
them with the car on the ground.  I bet the old drivers side spring was the
weakest (Gets the most stress over 45 years especially if I was driving) and
was compensated for by the torsion bar adjustment in past allignments.  Are
the T-bar adjusters equal?  Probably not!  I bet the drivers side is
tighter!  Also if your car is aligned with you in it, it will sit just a
little higher on drivers side empty!

If nothing is binding, I would get it aligned and see if that rectify's the
problem, I am sure it will.  Also remind your alignment guy torsion bar
adjustment is required first.  Every time he adjusts them the car needs to
be flexed up & down from the front & rear bumpers to equal out.  If after
the alignment, and every thing is level, and you have one adjuster Allot
tighter than the other then I would worry.  Other than that I would "Forget
About It!!"

 Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
1959 Coronet 326 Poly