RE: B body disc brake

As far as shifting have someone hold the accelerator to the floor and adjust
the kickdown rod so it is all the way back with no slack.  It should shift
at 25 & 35 under normal acceleration.  Even though it's been welded on if it
shifts at about the right speed you should be OK.  When you get the time or
energy to re-pull the tranny pan do your adjustments then and drain the
converter.  If you pull the dust cover from the front of the tranny and turn
the engine over by hand or tapping the starter you will see a drain plug on
the converter through a hole in the flywheel.  Pull that plug and you will
get up to about ten quarts of fluid out of it depending on it's size and of
course what you get out of the pan.  When you get around to doing it we can
cover it more in depth and a quick way to adjust the bands.  (-;

 Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
1959 Coronet 326 Poly
1963 Fury 2D/HT 6.1