RE: Fender 65 Belvedere

You might be surprised Mike....2 years ago I redid a 65 Dart that have
been hit in the pass. side front fender and fixed poorly. I removed the
fender, removed all the old bondo, hammered it out on a flat surface as
good as I could, then reinstalled it. It took me 2 days of filling and
sanding that compound curve under the headlight, but after I painted the
car my buddy, a body man who had helped me weld patches in the car, said
it looked suprising good considering my inexperienced bodyworking
skills. It was also the first car I ever painted. Here's a link to pics
of the car. It sure wasn't show, but pretty decent for a driver/first
attempt.
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n273/Ledman_70/Dart/
Mike and Linda wrote:

> its not a rust issue where a patch panel would work.  the original owner
>
> swung the front into the side of the garage folding it above the wheel
> arch.
> Then it was pounded out from the inside.  Ugly...but a good metal guy
> could
> reshape it.  but that guy isn't me...  lol

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

----