RE: Racer Brown

Steven
I check piston to valve clearances and have 190 thousandths so that is no problem.
I have 2.14 intakes and 1.81 exhaust valves with dual springs.
The Spring coils are bottoming out so I am suspecting too much lift on the cam lobes.
I checked the lobes at their highest point and am getting a reading of .470 to .475 lift.
I have rotated the crank by hand and watched as the lifter comes towards the top of the lobe.....pop, there goes the push rod. I am now using the push rods out of my old poly 318 so I don't bend any more of my crower push rods.
Takes most of the adjuster screw but they still work.
It is happening on the 2 - 4- 6 and 8 banks not the 1 - 3 - 5 and 7 banks.
That is what is making this such a head scratcher.
Later
Bill