Re: Fuel gauge repair?

Yes, you can pull it out while still in the dash.  However, be aware there is a capacitor (?) that has a wire and with a spade end that slides in the same slot as one of the three spades on the voltage regulator. It was the one on the side, if memory serves me correctly. I had the cluster out a couple of weekends ago and saw it.

Akron Don Gallimore