From: chymar01@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chymar01@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:25 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 8.75 rear question

The brake setups are interchangeable between 8 3/4, 8 1/4, 9 1/4 and Dana. I
use early 80's truck parts from the backing plate on out when I'm updating
early cars. Bigger brakes(11") and easier availability of parts is benefit
here. I've also used mid 80's Dippy and 5th Ave stuff, but they only come in
10".
I have used later axles in a '64 Fury wagon I had, but that was using Green
bearings. I don't know if the factory adjustable bearings would have enough
adjustability in them since the '64-down rear housings are a bit wider then
the 65-up ones. In my case, the tapered stuff was shot and I had a set of
'66 axles laying here with the Greens already on them. So I gave it a shot
and it worked. The car is this one:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/eric64furywagongallery.html
I don't own it any more but you could possibly e-mail the current owner and
ask how it worked out long-term.

Mark