To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: What oil? Rotella T?

${top_text_ad}
BTW, NAPA synthetic is made by Valvoline.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)
'65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge)
'71 Bronco

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Jim Altemose <jaltemoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
${top_text_ad}
I think oil and filters are an interesting and important topic.
Before putting this question out there, i dug back into the group's
archives, and didn't find too much consensus nor an overwhelming
amount of discussion on the subject.

Oils are changing, so the same info from a few years ago may not be
the same today. Like does Rotella T contain the same additives that
it used to? I'm glad I asked about FRAM. It sounds like FRAM isn't
as good as it used to be and a friend just gave me a few; I'll pass
and use NAPA Gold based on the feedback. I'm going with NAPA
synthetic 10w-30 oil with ZDDPlus and and a NAPA Gold filter. Any
reason not to?

A bit of trivia. My 71 Bronco uses the exact same oil filter as my 63
Polara. It's also interesting to me that the Bronco's 302 takes 6
quarts while the Polara's 383 takes 4.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)