RE: Axles and Rust

The pitting is on the larger diameter of the shaft.  The splines and narrower sections of the shafts are fine.  The pits that are on the axles are fairly superficial anyway.

Thanks to all who responded.  You guys confirmed my initial opinion that I can use them without worry.  I have the new bearings and seals on the way for 1/4 of the cost of new axles.  Thanks for the help!

Dave