Mopar's at Lake Ponchatrain 2010

Attended Mopars at Lake Ponchatrain, hosted by the Big Easy Mopar Club. Weather was fantastic, location was great, 120 vehicles registered, (there best attendence ever) good food and fellowship. All that said I was really disappointed and will not attend another event hosted by them.

Guess I am of the old school and think that cars shows are for "old" cars, at least 25 year old, vehicles with "antique tags" I am not keen on open year shows. There were the only 2 vehicle's representing our 62-65 class Mopars. The new Challengers were by far the most represented and most awarded.

What killed me was the judging and awards. The show was judged by a team of 3 club members. They only really looked at cars they liked. Think it took  them a total of 30 seconds to judge my car.

That said the vehicle that took it all, Best Engine, Best Under Carriage, Best Interior, Best of Show, Best Street Rod, sponsor plaque, Top 50, was a 41 Willis, fiberglass body, completely built By Ronnie Sandifer. His rod shop was one of our stops on the Redneck Power Tour. What did it have to do with Mopars other than a new Hemi  motor?

Best Paint went to Doug White with his 70 Super Bird. Sure did not like the announcer's comment when he walked up to get the award. "oh, I see how u got best paint, you own a body shop." I felt like jumping up and saying " Well u gave every other award to a guy who bought his hot car, why don't u call up Ronnie Sandifer and give him the awards, he built it."

About 70% of the awards went to club members and new Challengers, we did get a sponsor award.

Mr. Norm had a 3 vehicles there, including a Camero,,,daaaaa

Anyway I have rambled on enough. Enjoy the pics.
http://picasaweb.google.com/satellite1965/MoparSAtLakePonchatrain2010#

----