Re: broken trim studs

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Wayne Huseby <wchuseby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After removing the large trim spear on my 64 polara I was disappointed
> to see the body shop from several years ago broke 2 studs on the long
> tail of the spear (it was good when i got it).

I also broke a couple of studs on the ">" shaped piece at the tail-end
of the side trim on my '64 440.  I ended up getting some double-backed
foam tape from the parts store that's meant for holding automotive
trim on.  I tried to find some that was just thick enough to fill in
the space behind the trim - it's concave shaped on the back side.

Looking at it from above, you can see that the tape is just a bit too
thick - there's a small gap.  But from the side it looks good.

-- Tony
'64 Dodge 440
'65 Dart GT

----