Re: Floor board repair

I always cut my square pattch first larger than the rusted area by  a inch or so then trace the patch on the floor then leave a 1/2 inch flange cut it
out and then weld the top with small beads criss crossing around the patch as to not heat it up and warp it then repeat on the bottomm grind the welds smooth but not off then either undercoat or bedliner then once you get used to welding then you can cut the patch and trace it on the floor cut the hole the same size as the patch so the patch fits in the hole with maaybee a 32nd gap around it and hold it flush with a panel clip or a magnet and spot weld all around the patch!then do 1/4 inch weldsjumping around to avoid warping much harder than the first way but when done properly after grinding it is about impossible to see the patch