Re: Balance

To answer your question, yes it would need to be balanced, but the entire assembly would need it, not just the crank.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jimmy Peavy" <peaver63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 8:03 AM
Subject: Re: Balance

 true

On 10/7/2010 9:37 PM, MO ( Steve Mick) wrote:

I have a later modle low mileage 440 with cast crank I also have a good 1964 413 crank. Rather than deal with a external balance flywheel and drilling the crank for a pilot bearing ( 4 speed) I would like to install the 413 crank in the 440 without taking the heads off.. I have been told that it will need re-balanced cause the difference in piston and rod weight between the two. . Sounds credible , but is that true? .............................MO

{Steve Mick}
http://stevemick.shutterfly.com/pictures#Part%202

----

----