To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 1:09 PM
Subject: RE: Lights

I agree with the diagnosis of the turn signal switch.

All brake light power goes through the turnsignal switch and it is
likely very dirty (gummed up) or corroded.  It may also be loose wires
where the turn signal switch meets the body wiring along the steering
column.

Good luck.

K.

David Bailey wrote:

Hi Jay,
Concerning the problem you're having with your lights, it sounds like
some or most of the problem might well be in the turn signal switch
itself. By the description, it sounds; as though 'all' the bulbs do
indeed work, it's just that some come on that should along with some
others that should not. So it would seem as though the switch is broken
in such a way that when activated causes inappropriate contact for the
wrong lights to come on while missing some of the correct contacts.
For the LR brake light, I'd check the wiring connections at the brake
light switch under the dash.
With the backing lights, it may be the switch isn't being actuated or it
to could be broken or just corroded.
I'd like to know what you find.
Thanks,
Dave B