4 speed swap

I just swapped out my 64' tranny for a 1970 A-833 from a charger. I got
a good deal on ebay for a tranny, brand new Hurst shifter, bellhousing
and flywheel. My tranny was shot, as was my shifter. I had to swap the
bellhousing, as the bearing retainers were different. I got a drive
shaft made up. But the big problem was the tranny mount. It seems there
were at least 3 different mounts. up to 1965, 66 thru 69 and 70 and
later. We can get custom 66 thru 69 mounts thru Imperial Services but
you must use an automatic crossmember. My mechanic welded up a one off
mount from my original and got everything bolted up. A custom speedo
cable from imperial got me on the road in style. Upshifts are like
butter. Down shifts from 4 to 3 and from 2 to 1 are good, but going
across from 3 to 2 is hard. Maybe a shifter adjustment. Just thought I'd
let you all know my experience and save someone some grief!!

Scott Mirabella
1964 Fury Convertible
383 4speed
LongIsland, NY