To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 11:18 PM
Subject: RE: 383 distributor

I agree.

However I wanted a rev-limiter and did not want to see it under the hood
so I am using the Pertronix with the internal rev-limiter.

Can't get much simpler than a distributor, coil and ballast resistor.
Dennis C.

Gary Wilson wrote:

Just junk the PET and go with the factory set up.=A0 Lot less
problem.=A0 N=
ot that =0Ahard to hook up. That is all tha I run on my
Mopars.=0A=0A=0A=0A=
----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Dennis C.
<dennis.2914@xxxxxxxxx>=0ATo:=
 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx=0ASent: Tue, January 4, 2011 8:17:59
 AM=0ASubj=
ect: RE: 383 distributor=0A=0A=0AHello,=0A=0AJust a thought, I had
similar =
problems with a new Pertronics electronic =0Aignition system.=A0 =0A=0AI
ju=
st got a cheap point distributor from one of the local auto parts
=0Astores=
. I ended up changing back and forth several times trouble =0Ashooting
my p=
roblem.=A0 After a time or two it gets quick and easy to swap
=0Asystems.=
=A0 =0A=0AIt turned out that the Pertronics was the problem, they
repaired =
it =0Aunder warranty.=A0 I now keep the stock point distributor, coil
and =
=0Aballast resistor in a box in the trunk along with tools and a timing
=0A=
light.=A0 Not necessary around town but a nice feeling to have it there
on =
=0Aa road trip.=0A=0AJust a note, the electronic ignition was not stock
on =
the car, it may =0Anot be connected properly or the parts might not
match.=
=A0 As far as the =0Aelectrical connections one critical connection is
the =
grounding of the =0Aignition box.=A0 Double check that it is grounded
well =
and if any doubt =0Arun an additional ground wire from one of the
mounting =
screws directly =0Ato the neg. battery terminal for testing. =0A=0AGood
Luc=
k=0ADennis C.=0A=0ASteve Mick wrote:=0A> =0A>=A0 Hay Mopar guys in my
area-=
-=A0 I think I have traced the starting problem =0A> with the newly
aquired=
 64 Fury to the electronic distributor I havent =0A> spent =0A> extensive
 t=
ime on it cause it is C-C-COLD outside! Anyone have one they =0A> know
=0A>=
 works OK for a 383 that I could borrow=A0 to see if it will cure my =0A>
 p=
roblem? =0A> If that fixes it, I would like to buy it. .Drop me an
e-mail i=
f you=A0 =0A> prefer =0A> micherXfrontiernet.net=A0 Change the X to
@......=
........Thanks =0A> .................MO=0A> =0A> =0A> {Steve Mick}=0A>
http=
://stevemick.shutterfly.com/pictures#Part%202 =0A> =0A=0A=0A=0A1996
Dodge R=
am 3500 Van Conversion=0A1964 Plymouth Belvedere 318 Auto=0A1963
Plymouth S=
port Fury 383 4-speed=0A1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4 soon to be
changed=0A1998 =
Honda Valkyrie Standard=0A=0A=0A----=0APlease address private mail -- mail =
of interest to only one person -- directly =0Ato that person.=A0 I.e.,
send=
 parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as =0Aother personal
 messa=
ges only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse =0Apublic
address.=
 This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume =0Aof
 mai=
l and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.=A0 Thanks!=0A=0A1962
to =
1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion
Guidelines:=0Ahttp://www.1962to1965mopar.or=
nocar.org/mletiq.html and