RE: New guy in town

After talking to a body shop friend, I was told that the reason for the foam was to create a moisture barrier and to also be a backer for fiberglass or bondo repairs.
There are probably as many other reasons for using the spray foam as there are people who work on these vehicles.
Later
Bill Harrison
65 Coronet 2 dr post