HE'S BACK, temporarily

Hi Guys,

Jim Bailey told me his wagon made the Mopar of the month this month, he is thrilled for the recognition and I am happy for him. I have shown that car many times for Jim and won our share with it. It is a hoot to drive and garners some interesting comments, that's why I came out of school "retirement" to post this. My friends and I were at a show once when a guy walked up to me and told me how he remembered watching this very car racing, I told the guy that his memory was probably fuzzy because this car is a total tribute car and never really existed.

The guy became irate and swore that he seen Thornton personally wheel this particular car at Detroit Dragway, I tried to tell him the obvious that Dodge never made a 426 Hemi in 62, they never made a 2-door wagon and they sure as hell didn't have alcoa fenders in 62. He said he had pictures of this car from the track back in those days, I offered him $1000 for any real period photo and haven't heard anything from him since, HAHAHAHAHA!

In other business, I have read a couple of posts about Mike Joy and his announcing skills, I grew up around Mike Joy, he cut his teeth announcing at the Stafford Springs Conn. stock car track where my uncle Gene Bergin was a pretty successful racer. Mike didn't then and doesn't now know which end of the screwdriver to hit with a hammer,LOL

On a sad note for the Indiana boys, The owner of Muncie Dragway is in the hospital and reportedly not doing well at all, will everyone please say a prayer for him.

It's nice to be back, albeit for a short time.

Joey

----