To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:35 AM
Subject: Re: Racing Polys

Jim and Gary
My brother and I owned an ex state police 62 Dart with the 318 poly.
We used to run it at the Bean Blossom Indiana track. Ran the cut out that clamped to the exhaust pipe with a choke pull cable to open and close it. Like you, we couldn't afford headers or other engine mods but that motor and tranny were strong enough to pull the world. Had 3.23 open gears and wasn't the best out of the hole but man could it pull at the top end.
It is close to the top of my list of cars I would like back...
Later
Bill