Re: vin numbers

Gary,

Is there something in particular you're trying to confirm?
Do you have the build sheet or IBM card?

You can confirm the VIN either through Chrysler Historical, Galen
Govier, or if you're
looking to confirm a Max Wedge, you can get one of Darrel Davis's
books or have someone
look up the VIN.  I have his 63 book, not 64, but they list every Maxie VIN.

So how do you know the VIN is valid for the car?

On the radiator support is stamped a 10 digit number that will match
the IBM card and the broadcast sheet, if you have either of those.  If
you don't, Chrysler Historical can send you a copy for $45.

http://www.wpchryslermuseum.org/newsroom.do;jsessionid=721733B9737791EC63257F0735F3EAAF?id=390&mid=135
Chrysler LLC
Corporate Historical Collection
12501 Chrysler Fwy.
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288 USA
Attn: Historical Information
E-mail: archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: 313-252-2928

On the rear package shelf on the top side below the upholstering there
is the same number stamped that is on the radiator support.  The
number will be ten digits and some may look like letters, i.e, a 1 may
look like an I.  The first digit is year, the second plant, the next
four the schedule date and the last four the plant number.  On a 65
the third through fifth is the schedule date and the last five the
plant number.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)