RE: 1964 Dodge Polara Radio

I was under the impression that the 440 came out in the 1967 model year?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Bitterman [mailto:furyrestored@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 11:46 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 1964 Dodge Polara Radio

the 440 was not available til 1966 model year and from what i have heard through numerous sources and investigation the 426 was installed in 66 models for the first 9 weeks when the hp motor was ordered  until they depleted the stock of 426 wedges then the new for 1966 440 wedge was installed so you could ultimately have a 1966 with a factory installed 426 wedge motor if it was one of the very early 66 model but you couldnt get a 1965 model with the 440 as they didnt start building them till into the 66 model year!i have a 1966 fury with the factory 440 and have done a bit of research on the 440 motor perhaps you could have got a warranty replacement 440 motor for the 65 which may have been substituted for the 426 would be the only way i would think that you would have had a factory/dealer installed 440 in a 1965 model and that is just speculation