Re: 400 - now heads?

I assume they say use 452s because of the exhaust seat. They all, in my opinion, flow the same, espically after porting. Still an inefficient chamber and after new valves and machine work for only a few dollars more you have a new more efficient head. If you port a 906/452/902/904 etc. you'll get the most increase with some bowl work and removing the sharp edges in the chamber, back cut the intake valve 28 degrees. The most inportant part of the head is the 1/4 before and after the seat. Gasket matching and opening up the pushrod pince is a complete waste of time. Its an 80/20 deal. You can do 20% of the work and get 80% of the results. Dont try to make the air do what you think it should do, help the air do what it wants to do. This works on any head from a briggs and stratton to a max wedge.