Re: 65 cuda found and its got a rower on the floor!

Re: 65 cuda found and its got a rower on the floor!

Aha, u know I have heard of that rallye pack thing but only once.
  yah, I dont know, the tags dont really make any sense to me. maybe
Bill can figure this out: heres the Vin
number1855166676, and heres the fender tag SO: 419   NUMBER :00131
BDY: V89  TRM: P4X  PNT: TTI-b
   The last six numbers of the VIN are supposed to be production
numbers starting at 100001, by my brains that means the car would be
car number 66675, which is more than they made in 1965. The EVBC site
says only about 64000 some odd barracudas were made for 65.
   I dont know, its hard to tell because the original motor is gone.
Though the numbers say it was a factory v8 (273) car I have no idea if
it was a 273 two bbl or a commando. theres a 318 in there now.  On the
EVBC site in their stacks it also showed that four speeds in 1965 only
came behind commandos. that sounds iffy to me, that u couldnt order a
4 speed with a two barrel 273???
  And then why does it have a 8.75 rear with sure grip. Just seems
like if u ordered that and a 4 speed u would go ahead and get the
commando. I suppose the rear could have been swapped in later, but it
is still a 4 inch pattern. I will nicely ask tomorrow if I can look
under the rear seat for a build sheet.
  And one last thing: the car still has the front factory discs.
Aren't those things about imposssible to find parts for??
  Should have a bunch of pictures for u tomorrow nite. Heck maybe I'll
just drive it home

  neal zimmerman, eugene oregon