I also have a vibration...

My car also develops a noise/vibration at speed. Here's what I know:
The vibration is definitely coming from the rear; I think from the
left rear, specifically. The vibration doesn't really get any worse
with speed, but it changes pitch, and **it goes away if I turn hard
enough to the right, and doesn't seem to get worse if I turn left**.
I've changed the wheels and tires, not because of the vibration, but
it didn't make any difference. (I didn't expect it to, either.)

The guy I bought the car from said that noise/vibration was from the
differential, and that it was typical. He seemed to know what he was
talking about, as he owned several old Mopars. My opinion is that it's
a wheel bearing. Are the 8 3/4" rears typically noisy? Does it
indicate a problem?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on how to remove the rear drums on a
C-body? I'm having a hard time finding a tool that will work for a
reasonable price (not $175+). Even used, the pullers I've been looking
at are going for $80. I've got a big 8", 3-jaw puller, but I haven't
figured out how to get it to work on this project. If only I had
access to a machine shop, I'd just make a ring to fit over the lugs...

Thanks in advance!
--
~S~
'64 Chrysler 300, AKA: "Leon", 383, 727, 8 3/4