RE: My own pulsing motor - And Dary pics

hey that's cool, did you do your own art work?

From: ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: My own pulsing motor - And Dary pics
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 19:25:41 -0500

So the Dart has developed it's own "pulse". Must have been readign that thread, dammit. At any rate, mine turns out to be a carb issue. Seems that I've getting some extremely fine rust through the fuel filter right up into the carb. At certain speeds, the pulse is more pronounced, but if you pay attention at idle, you can detect a slight miss. The warmer the engine is, the more pronounced the "pulse" is. Changing fuel filters gave me an indication of what was up, when rusty fuel ran back out of the old filter. Opening up the float bowl on the carb told the rest of the story......  :/

At any rate, the tank and carb will be then next items on the list, disc brake conversion will have to hold off for a bit.....

On a side note, the Dart got 31.2 MPG today despite the "pulse". That's better than my previous best of 25.4 I'm giving the new electronic ignition credit for the improvement....

- Ray