lifters and noise

 This is on my 383 with radical cam, touchy carb  open headers.  I got
my out of bores lifters and oil presure fixed.  When I first start the
engine, theie is some fairly loud upper end clatter and an un- even
exhaust.  with some popping . After it gets warmed to full operating
temp most of the upper noise is lessend.  and the exhaust sounds
better.

In all my time, I have never experienced a collapsed liter. But I
suspicion that is what is going on.. I gave it the Rislone treatment,
but it has not run long enough or enough time  to work.

  Once a lifter has collapsed . can it pump itself back up  in time
and not need to be replace?  Could the noise be something other than a
lifterr? ( The rocker assembly is ok.- cam lobes seem to be ok)  I
like to see any input...............Thanks...................MO