Re: Original 65 Hemi lightweight for sale

Re: Original 65 Hemi lightweight for sale

Hello everyone,

My name is Gordon  Garland and I'm the owner of the "Texas Rattler".
About three weeks ago, Joey Lemire emailed me to ask about the
“Rattler” that some of you may have seen recently being advertised in
Hemmings Motor News.

When Joey emailed me, his first words were…”Is that an original car or
a rebody?  Please answer by email…”

I wrote back immediately with the answer to his question.  “Yes it
is.”

It IS the original car and it IS a rebody.

Joey suggested that I respond to the forum so all of you would know
the truth of the story.  I’ve been traveling a bit lately and could
not get to my home computer where I had some files and the ability to
add another page to my website.

Go here to read my own story of the Texas Rattler:

http://www.garlandmotorsports.com/65-super-stock.html

Go here to read the Mopar Collectors Guide story from the December
2009 issue:

http://www.garlandmotorsports.com/mopar-collectors-guide-texas-rattler.html

I would encourage you to read the very last paragraph of the writer’s
story where he explains the reasons and the motives for restoring the
car this way.

To Joey’s credit, he is the very first inquirer about the Texas
Rattler that has ever approached me with the question he did.  From my
side of the story, I have ALWAYS disclosed the destroyed body/restored
body pairing in any conversation where it  looked like a buyer might
be the least bit interested in a purchase.  Here beside me on my desk,
as I type this, is a purchase agreement for a future or potential
buyer to sign that indicates he knows that he is buying TWO Texas
Rattler bodies, one nearly destroyed and one nearly new.  Not only
must he acknowledge that fact, but he is contractually required to
disclose this to any subsequent buyer.

The short story is…. the pieces, parts and rusted out shell that I
first acquired were too far gone to save so people could have any
sense of what the original Texas Rattler looked and sounded like.

Joey’s orginal, very thoughtful, question was, “Is that an original
car or a rebody?

The answer is, “Yes, it is.”

It IS the original car and it IS a rebody.  They are for sale, but
will only be sold together.

Again, I urge you to go here and read the 2 year old Mopar Collectors
Guide story from the December 2009 issue:
http://www.garlandmotorsports.com/mopar-collectors-guide-texas-rattler.html

Best regards,

Gordon