Re: Rebuilding an Engine..

Desire is a big factor. If you don't rush and have the time it's a good deal to get into an auto shop class at a local JC if possible. I took all the classes available at Saddleback JC in Mission Viejo, CA back in the early 70's. I bought an old '63 Dart 225 /6 and used it as my project car. I did most of the work even bored it, with class equipment. It's a good cheap way to learn and the tools needed are supplied.

I always do most of the work including disassembly but then send it in for machining as I don't have that equipment. If you get in good with the machinist he will give you pointers too and keep you on track. I have done several /6's, a 289 Ford, a 304 Jeep, and several other smaller partial builds. Of course my poly has been apart several times :-) It's lot's of fun. I love to turn wrenches on an engine. My favorite.