RE: Temp and oil gauge issue

If you disconnect battery I don’t think you have to worry about grounding it out

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jacob Fox
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 11:09 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Temp and oil gauge issue

Above steering column is an access panel. Take out those six screws. Next there's a couple screws or the gauge cluster. Remove those. Now the chrome bezel on front might come off I can't remember. Anyways, after getting the gauge cluster loose, work it down GENTLY, and unplug the 3 prong connector behind fuel gauge. It might help to unplug others also. Remove two screws on back of gauge and remove it. In my fuel gauge I noticed the coil looked kinda "burnt". I put new one and a viola! No problems.

Now u may, I say may, be able to do it without removing cluster. If u got some kinda screw drive or small enough rachet to put a tip in. In that case ud just remove gauge below it.

Be careful with the voltage gauge. If u remove wires tape them up so they cant ground out.

If u don't have a manual I'd be happy to take pics of page that shows u how to remove it, or I'd someone on the site has a PDF copy that'd be easier to read. If u wanna see what the inside of the gauge looks like I'll post a pic. There's no way to wire a plug in either :-/ most unfortunate. But the one in there lasted 40 years I'm sure the next one will too.

Sent from my iPhone