Re: So I got the '62 300

Jealous!

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 26, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow I think it looks great! A very doable resto I'd think. Have fun.

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Loring Days <mrcarhopp2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric,
Looks like a decient find. Bringgs back memories of my childhood as both my grand-father and uncle owned 62 300's and I had another uncle that had a fleet of 62 D-500 dump trucks for his paving company. I was 6 at the time so my Mopar love started when I was very young.

Carhopp.net
Carhopp.info

Catering to Enthusiasts of Fine Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles
As well as any other Special Interest Transportation World-Wide
From: Eric R <hoodoovoodooray@xxxxxxxxx>
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2011 1:49 PM
Subject: So I got the '62 300

It's a 4 door. It was a little bit rougher then the desciption. It'll
need front floors and rear quarter patches to to do it right.  And the
usual worn out things like headliner, carpet, rust inside, outside.

The wiring is all original and never messed with, thank God.

The engine is old looking but runs great and no leaks anywhere.

Looks like a 383 2bbl  or a secret experimental racing engine that
someone slipped out of the factory in the guise of a simple 383 2bll
single exhaust.  Probally just the first scenario.

The story changed a few times but the final story was it was in a barn
from 1987 until last year, then this guy bought it to redo and he got
too busy so it sat in a field.  Mice ate the headliner but at least
there are no pine needles shoved down the dipstick tube this time.

No brakes though. None.  New master cyclinder and booster.  He bleed
the brakes but still got no pressure then gave up.

The only problem in the 250 mile round trip was a highway full of
Christmas traffic and a blown tire on the right rear while towing.
Luckilly I had a bottle jack and the original scissor jack to get the
car up off the ground ( the tire came completely off the rim and the
rim flattened).  I thought for sure my black truck and big giant car
were goign to get smashed that night.  But also luckilly the guy had
thrown a fully inflated spare in the trunk too.  After beating on the
flat rim for 20 minutes I was back in the road.  Nothing like laying
under a car on the the freeway at night with Christmas traffic flying
past.

I bought it to take parts off and then sell what was left of the car,
but now I can't do that.  I think it can be a decent runner again one
day, once I get the '62 Newport back on the road.  Things that took me
weeks with the Newport I could do in days now with the experiance I've
gained, thanks 62-65 board.

Here's a link to some pics.  The 300 hubcaps are inside.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104998594489637903139/1962Chrysler300#

Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!