Re: CRUISIN AT CHRISTMAS!!

Jeez, we had a nice snow storm yesterday morning in Benton Harbor Michigan which followed me all the way back into Indiana gaining intensity the further South I drove, good news is temps are going to be in 40's today so it will disappear, YAY!!!
Joey

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Gary Pavlovich <glpavlovich@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I am in California, which may be a bad word during harsh winters elsewhere, but I am glad many of you are enjoying a milder winter than usual.  Of course CA has a diverse climate and although I am in a San Diego suburb called Santee, we enjoy a “taste” of the seasons since all the temperate weather from ocean breezes are blocked by the hills and valleys that surround us just a 1/4mile from the San Diego city line.  Every house, yard, outside vehicle is frosted white and occasionally the car doors freeze shut.  Our local mountains (Mt. Laguna 5805ft. and Mt. Palomar 5500+ft.& home of the Observatory), 30-50min. drive, get over a foot of snow just before Thanksgiving, Christmas, and again in March.  Our Santee winter mornings are the usual 25-28deg. F and rise to 70-75+ during mid-day.  I love the colder winter mornings when it drops to 18/19deg. F (a few of our colder days) and always enjoy taking the 340 Dart out on the 28deg.-40deg. mornings and early evenings.  No lie; it literally gains 30+HP and wants to REV itself to death in that cold dry weather.  Forget cruising during our hot summer days – give me the cold/dry days – that’s when I take the car out.  Took the little A-body beast out yesterday and pitched it sideways with half-throttle...need to get some sticky street slicks; turns mid to high twelves at the track – 12.8 @106MPH last official visit to the quarter mile but am relegated lately to “testing” on the non-sanctioned areas...

Have a great and SAFE New Year!

Gary Pavlovich
presently a balmy 39deg.F at 9:40 in the evening

From: Dave64
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: CRUISIN AT CHRISTMAS!!

No such luck here - Wisconsin - land of the salt truck.  We have had the great, mild weather (mid 40s over the weekend), but the roads are already ruined with salt and chemicals until the spring rains.  We're still enjoying the grass on the lawn with no snow - at least for the moment.  Glad to hear you had a great time, though!

Dave
'64 Belvedere 2DHT
318 Poly, Push Button Auto
Originally Florida A/C Car