From: Eric R
Date: 1/6/2012 12:39:53 AM
Subject: Alternator Confusion - Need Advice

So, It looks like I have a 1970+ alternator that has been wired to a
pre 1970 Voltage regulator.  Does this setup really work for very
long?    Also, the wiring has been cut at the firewall conectors and a
splice of about 8"' has been added for about every wire coming out of
there.  What would cause someone to do that?  Fixing a massive
short?   .. Oh, one last question.  On the 1970+ alternator one of the
field screws holding the clip on terminal has an insulating washer and
the other does not.  Should they both have one, as in, did I lose one
somehow?

Here's the pics:  Thanks.

Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!