Re: paint job

People will laugh at this, but I my 65 Dodge 440 painted by Maaco, cost me just shy of a $1000. And they worked on it for almost a month. And they did a hell of a great job. Of course I was lucky, the owner was and still is(?) a mopar freak. Was it a $6000+ paint job, no, but after wet sanding and buffing, it was a great job. The owner and I had numerous discussion before I finally let him do it. The only screw up was the dash, I forgot to take it to him with car and after realizing I forgot it, never could get it the exact color match. They mixed their own paint. With all this being said, I was probably a lucky one. Picture included.

DJ
From: MO <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: paint job

There are a lot of variables in a paint job. How much prep work needs
to be done- Quality of paint- skill of painter- etc. Maaco says they
will do it for 1/2 price now, I think less than 400$, but what do you
get for your money?  I am buying materials for painting my car, and
Nason ( lower priced Du Pont)  is over $400 for just the primer and
reducers! and that is body shop price. I would like to hear more info
from other members................MO

anyways, seems the price is gonna be about 3500