Re: 62 dodge Polara upper control arms

I always "warm them up good " ( an old pipe fitter term) with a hammer first . Then I use a five foot x 1" cheater pipe.

Jimmy

On 2/2/2012 8:59 AM, Gary H. wrote:
'62 is the first year of the "B" body platform. The Dodge intermediate Polara is in that category. Many of the aftermarket catalogs have historically been inaccurate or ignore our favorite years Mopars. Shame! ;)

With the correct ball joint socket and a long enough cheater/breaker bar and lots of penetrating lube you should be able to get that old ball joint out.

Upper control arms for 1962 to 1965 B body cars have the same part number. My guess is if you got a chassis parts book, the same part number would continue until 1974.

Dodge 1962 and 1963 B Body use the same springs as '62-63 Plymouth B body cars.
Valiants ('60-'65) and Darts '63-'65) use these too.

Thanks,
Gary H.