Re: Broken bolt blues

I seldom ever use an eze out because if I break it off in the broken bolt, and that's very likely, I'm dead. Nothing worse than a broken drill, or eze out.You can't drill them out like you can a bolt.
I'd re-drill the hole.
If it is a 5/16" bolt. I would use a 5/16" drill bit if the broken bolt is below the surface. If it is inside a boss hole, I would drill just enough to form a pilot hole in the center of the bolt, using the boss hole as my guide to establish center. Then I would move to a smaller bit, but not so small that I would maybe break it off in the bolt.
Then I'd drill to the correct tap/drill size. Then tap it out.
The problem is: usually there's not enough room to use a drill for either.

   Jimmy