Re: Rear wire harness

I had a similar situation and the problem was the turn signal switch.
All power to the rear lights goes through the turn signal switch.
Either the power diverts through the brake lights or it goes through
the flasher for the turn signals depending on the position of the
little brass sliders in tthe switch itself.

They wear out or get gummed up.  If it is the switch, pull the wheel
and horn switch assembly and the turn signal cancelling cam off the
switch (it is tight but pulls off straight).  Do not take it apart
since it is a nuisance to put back together.  Use a good cleaner
(brake Cleen for example) and spray the contacts well.

If you wiggle the turn signal switch lever, sometimes you may be able
to get the lights to work again (temporarily).  I found out when I was
inn my garage with the door closed and I could look in the mirror to
see the reflections of the rear lights on the garage door.

Good luck. It can be a challenge to sort out.  Please let us all know
what it turned out to be that caused you such grief.

Regards,

K.