Re: New Member Intro

I know exactly what your saying, dual carbs, or even dual points when in the wrong hands can be a negative factor, they only become a positive when properly tuned and adjusted, and this is what Chrysler Corporation found out, and got away from them, I think that just about all cars that came out with multiple carbureting also came with a sticker disclaiming their streetability

In a message dated 7/12/2012 2:18:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time, cory_383@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Well if you were to ask my buddy about the long ram set up (I'm assuming that's what you have), he'd say "They're super cool to look at, but useless as a turd on the sidewalk."  Ok, I added the "turd" part, but you all get the jist.  He seriously can't take the car over 4000 rpm.  Then it bogs and sputters and wants to die.  He's running the long rams on a 75 stock 440 in a 62 New Yorker.  Cool yes, efficient......not so much.

Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 06:32:41 -0700
From: torquechap@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: New Member Intro
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,
I'm new to the group and recently purchased a highly optioned, triple white 1964 300K Ram Convertible with AC. (Also scooped up a 300L convertible in the deal; pink silver over black vinyl with AC.) Currently in the midst of getting both cars back on the road as they were, essentially, museum pieces for the past 15+ years. The prior two owners were collectors who would just go out into their respective garages and stare at them for hours... and who can blame them?

Excited to be part of this group, although my girlfriend may start to hate you all for it LOL The more I read about street wedge four speeds and max wedge cars, the more I'm falling in love with them as well.

Since this group is so knowledgeable on the topic, I'm curious how my 390hp factory cross ram 413 wedge stacks up against the 426 street wedge as well as the maxie. In particular, how does it compare to the non-ramed 426SW in terms of torque and horsepower? (I recognize that the 426MW is a whole different ballgame.)

Warmest regards,

David Morrison
Hunterdon County, New Jersey