Re: Re: Running a bit hot,,,Question!

Steve,
The radiator caps on our cars had a small disc on the bottom to relieve vacuum. Look at a late model cap and you will note the differences designed to let the higher pressure in the overflow container force the coolant back into lower pressure of the cooling down radiator. At the cost of antifreeze today it makes economic sense to save coolant!
Mike LeFevre