Re: Re: front window vent question

Hi fellas and gal,
The slot in the vent latch is indeed for a screwdriver since the slotted piece is a nut. The carriage bolt is threaded and it and the slotted nut hold the inner and outer chrome trim pieces together, sandwiching the glass. Joe Suchy stocks new rubber gaskets for the trim pieces.I completely disassembled the vent assemblies on my 65 Belvedere and subsequently purchased excellent used assembles from one of our female members (gal). I have parts if anyone needs them. The upper pivot male half is riveted to the steel frame that receives the gasket. That frame is screw fastened to the chrome zinc main assembly frame. Are you guys following this? The male pivot is steel and the female is also a zinc casting so you can't put much heat on for disassembly. While I had mine out I relined the glass run with new fuzzy stuff-glued it in with GOOP. To do a comprehensive job the assembly must be removed. Lots of work!
Mike LeFevre