Re: Re: Torque Converter Leak Down Problem

Re: Re: Torque Converter Leak Down Problem

Eric,
The root cause for torque converter drainback is excessive converter hub to bushing clearance. The hub wears, the bushing wears, and the fluid drains back into the trans until it flows out the vent at the top of the pump housing. Transgo makes a replacement manual valve that lets the converter fill in park position which helps if you experience delayed engagement after cold starts. The valve is in a kit called the no yoyo kit.