The Wild Bunch was there, but I didn't see them run, which was disappointing as there was a nasty Challenger there I would have liked to have seen.  There were only about 16 running in the Mopar class, which is probably half of the usual.  Still alot of our cars running there most races.  Weather didn't cooperate as I said, so I left about 8:30 PM.  Mike might be able to add more when he gets a chance to catch up.  Not sure how much got ran yet that night, as we drove home in a very light rain the whole way.

Doug
'63 Sport Fury 'vert

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Gerry Peters <gpeters35@xxxxxxx> wrote:
thanks for posting photos
what is a typical mopar car count ?seems 62–65 s are well represented
we where going to make the 8 hr trip from winnipeg but after checking online weather decided to try next year
did the midwest wild bunch run ?   who won?
Gerry
63 bel wagon

From: Doug J
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 7:08 PM
Subject: ThunderValley Mopar Drags

Well, the weather was pretty uncooperative on Saturday, but I got to ThunderValley and met up with Mike Creglow for his yearly run in the Mopar race there.  The weather held alot of racers off this year, so not a great turnout, but it was nice to meet up with Mike again, and get to see some cool old Mopars on the track.  There is still a couple of old Plymouths running there that I used to race against in days gone by.
There was actually one faster car than Mikes this year, another 65 Plymouth, this one propelled by a 588 aluminum Hemi !  A real beast.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike close in on him next year!  Had a great time !!
Didn't get around to all the Mopes in attendance, but did get a few check here
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r100/big_jake57/Mopars%20at%20Thundervalley/ThunderValley%202012/

--
Doug,
'63 Sport Fury 'vert