Re: ThunderValley Mopar Drags

doug,
thank you for posting the pictures.  it was great to see you, your
brother, and meet your family.
the race was called shortly after you left and continued sunday AM due
to light drizzle.  if they did not call the race i was not going to
race anymore as i felt the track was no longer safe.  the big end of
the track was still not dry, and it is not fun being pulled out of the
groove at 130 mph.  i did not race on sunday as i had 5 1/2 hour drive
back home.
they did run the midwest wild bunch saturday evening and i do not
think anyone made a full pass.  the '70 challenger had a J&J (allen
johnson) pro stock motor and sounded very healthy.
i plan on attending the mopar max race at cedar falls raceway (cedar
falls, ia) on oct. 3-5.  there will be plenty of fast mopars there.
http://www.cedarfallsraceway.com/2012/events/12mopar-max.pdf

mike