Re: flat garage floor

There is a shop in Texas that builds AWB 65s. Two that have been built are in the St.Louis area. Clay Kossuth and Steve Stahlschmidt have them. May be easier and less costly to let someone with jigs and experience to do the modifications and finish the mechanicals/paint yourself.

From: Ollie <satellite1965@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: flat garage floor

I got the answer........put in a four post lift.
Take it when u go or sell it.
Ollie

Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:19 AM

well. I guess i should have clarified a bit. I am renting it yes and I dont want to put my own money ( and it sounds like it would be a lot) into a rental that the owner wont pay for. The floors are concrete and they are not busted up, but the barn was built for cows, so the floors have a slight  slope to them ( for urine to flow outwards). They also have a texture to them so the cows wouldn't slip in poop. I was really thinking more along the lines of a " table" or rack made from steel It doesn't need to be corner to corner, I think all I need is two tracks. The two tracks need to be level to each other their whole length and then of course level front to rear. I was thinking of  wide I beams  ( as in girder size) , leveled by shimming and a laser level . Once level, bolt them into the concrete .  If the girders are wide enough ( ideally 10-12 inches wide) they would suffice for rolling tracks.
    Time to go talk to that crazy old  hippy  down the road with a bunch of steel girders in his side yard.
   Neal